Judy Ann Santos: Future Perfect



There was a time when the future scared Judy Ann Santos.

As a young actress striving to support her family, she feared the thought of growing old, having no one to turn to and with nowhere to go. She may have been the star of the hit series Mara Clara, but she was already worrying about the possibility of not finding any work once the show wraps up. “I was 19 years old then, but I was thinking more like a 39-year old,” Judy Ann confessed. “I was thinking about helping my siblings and I also wanted my Mommy Carol to come home from Canada where she was working.”

That was how the actress ended up starting her financial journey at a young age. Realizing the need to secure her future, she started saving religiously and got a life insurance policy from Sun Life Financial. These helped alleviate her fears and be more confident, amid the possible surprises that life might throw her way. “Parati akong may savings account na hindi ko ginagalaw, so that no matter what happens, meron akong makukuhaan,” she shared. “I kept a close watch on my earning. I didn’t want to end up as an actress na walang naipundar.”

Needless to say, she did not end up in that route. Today, on top of being respected as an A-list actress with a remarkable career, Judy Ann is also admired for being wise about managing her earnings. “Who knew that after three decades, nandito pa rin ako? Kailangan talaga i-secure ang finances. That’s what I did and that’s how I was able to really face the future confidently and pursue my career,” she pointed out.

This confidence has also allowed her to pursue another important milestone in life: motherhood. Happily married with three children, Judy Ann relishes time away from the spotlight as she prioritizes her family. “I really intend to spend more quality time with my children. Yohann, Lucho, and Luna are of different ages and stages, and I want to be able to give them as much attention as I can. Gusto ko, lahat ng milestone nila, nandoon ako,” she said.

Just like any parent, Judy Ann has hopes and dreams for her children. But no matter what school they go to or career they choose, what’s important to her is that Yohann, Lucho, and Luna will have the luxury of choosing what they want to be. This is why, in the same way that she entrusted her future to Sun Life at 19 years old, Judy Ann is now preparing for her own children’s future with Sun Life’s My Future Fund.

“With My Future Fund, I can maximize my money’s growth until my target date,” she said. “I can rest easy knowing that I can support them properly and give them a good life. They can go to a school of their choice and choose a career they are passionate about. Iba yung feeling kapag alam mong naghahanda ka na ngayon para sa mas magandang future nila.”

Many years ago, Judy Ann turned to Sun Life to brighten up her gloomy outlook of the future. Today, as she strives to secure her children’s future, the Sun Life group continues to be her perfect partner as she pursues the exciting possibilities that life has to offer.

Interview and photo courtesy of Sun Life Financial

Comments